Many of you want the original TV overlay of Formula 1 in the game - unfortunately it wont happen, because of the internal file structure of F1 2012 ™. However, here is revised existing OSD display in the game extensively and put you right in front of two different versions to choose from.
The following list shows the changes:
- Transparency for hours, and position increases
- Black Background away at display time
- New textures added for the start lights
- Completely new textures for all flag symbols such penalties, SC, lapping ect.
- New symbol of wrong direction of travel (car symbol flashes bicolor)
- KERS and DRS icon revised (caption flashes when activated)
Optionally light version available with the following changes:
- All changes above - in addition
- Rev-meters (away tachometer)
- KERS, DRS, speed and gear indicator fully transparent
The light version improves the visibility of the rear-view mirror especially in a number of car chassis (eg. At Red Bull), due to the elimination of the rev counter, which in the game is really just a visual one.
F1 2013 Season Mod-OSD Update
Copy the entire folder "frontend" in your main F1 2012 folder.